The Kentucky State Horticultural Society is the oldest agricultural organization in Kentucky. It was organized in 1856 and later incorporated in 1920 as a non-profit organization to bring together growers, researchers, and individuals across the state who are interested in fruit production.
The goals of our society are to:
- Educate growers and individuals in fruit production practices
- Help promote Kentucky-grown produce
- Support and direct research activities at the University of Kentucky
- Educate and encourage young people to work in the fruit industry
- Present a unified voice for the Kentucky fruit industry
last modified 06/20/2016